Sony Xperia Z is the flagship phone of Sony running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with 5-inch 1080p full HD display. Sony Xperia Z root has already been achieved. Sony is making its devices more third-party development friendly by allowing official bootloader unlocks, and releasing kernel sources. Sony Xperia Z rooting credit goes to XDA Recognized Developer DooMLoRD. He remotely gain the root access on Xperia Z via Teamviewer without even getting his hands on the device. You can easily root Xperia Z by following the simple steps below…
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide to roo Xperia Z at your own risk. JailbreakEye will not be held liable in case of any demage done to your device by following these steps.
Xperia Z Rooting Requirements
Unlocked bootloader – Your Xperia Z bootloader must be unlocked. You can do so from the Sony Mobile website.
Firmware version – Make sure that your Xperia Z has 10.1.A.1.350 firmware version. Do not proceed if your device has a different version of firmware.
How to Root Xperia Z
- First of all, download the following files:
Modified CF-Auto-Root kernel – rename it to ‘mkernel‘
Insecure stock kernel – rename it to ‘skernel‘
- Now copy both files to the folder where you’ve fastboot file. Checkout how to install fastboot.
- Reboot your Xperia Z into fastboot mode (power off > hold down the ‘Volume Up’ button and connect the USB cable).
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, open command prompt, navigate to the fastboot folder where you’ve copied the files and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash boot mkernel.img
- A message telling you that your device will reboot in 10 seconds will appear on the screen. Once your device is back ON after the reboot, disconnect the USB cable and hold down both ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Up’ keys until the phone vibrates thrice. Xperia Z is now powered off.
- Now reconnect Xperia Z in fastboot mode and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash boot skernel.img
- Download Busybox installer from Play Store and install Busybox to ‘/system/xbin/’ on the Xperia Z phone.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Z smartphone. For updates and queries related to the rooting Xperia Z, go to the original source linked below.