Greenpois0n can jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, 2G running iOS 4.2.1. Chronic Dev Team’s Greenpois0n jailbreak tool is an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution for iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G,2G, iPhone, and iPad as well. If your iPod Touch is running iOS 4.2.1 firmware, you can jailbreak it using Greenpois0n. Hit the jump to learn how to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G on iOS 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n…
NOTE: Clean iOS 4.2.1 restore on your iPod Touch is recommended. It is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1.
iPhone and iPad users should navigate to their respective guides here:
Let’s jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G iOS 4.2.1 using Greenpois0n jailbreak…
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n
Your iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G MUST be running iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
- Download Greenpois0n [Windows | Mac OS X]
Download iOS 4.2.1 (in case you need to restore)
- Backup your personal data on your iPod Touch using iTunes;
- Extract the Greenpois0n .zip file and run Greenpois0n;
- Click on the Jailbreak button;
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPod Touch into DFU mode:
- Press and hold the sleep button for 2 seconds;
- Continue holding sleep; press and hold home for 10 seconds;
- Release sleep button; continue holding home for 15 seconds.
- Greenpois0n will begin jailbreak iPod Touch 4G / 3G / 2G on iOS 4.2.1 as soon as it enters DFU mode;
- A Complete button will appear upon completion of the process and numerous commands will be running on your iPod Touch screen;
- Just wait for your device to reboot automatically. Your iPod Touch has been jailbroken using Greenpois0n. One last thing to do here is to open Loader app from your iPod Touch’s home screen and install Cydia.
That’s it! You’ve sccessfully jailbroken iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n jailbreak.