This guide is on how to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 5G iOS 6.1.2 with evasi0n jailbreak. Apple has released iOS 6.1.2 firmware. Evad3rs were quick to respond and released evsai0n 1.4 with iOS 6.1.2 jailbreak support. Using evasi0n you can jailbreak iPod Touch 5G iOS 6.1.2 and iPod Touch 4G iOS 6.1.2, iPhone and iPads aw well. Hit the jump for detailed instruction on how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 with evasi0n on your iPod Touch 4G/5G.
- Evasi0n supports iOS 6.1.2 through iOS 6.0. You can check your iOS version under Settings > General > About => Version. Here’s how to install iOS 6.1.2.
- It is an untethered jailbreak for your iPod Touch 5G/4G.
- Make sure to disable lock passcode on your iPod Touch before jailbreaking with evasi0n.
- Backup your personal data via iTunes before proceeding.
For iPhone and iPad jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2:
Let’s jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on iPod Touch 5G / 4G with evasi0n jailbreak…
Jailbreak iPod Touch 5G / 4G iOS 6.1.2 with evasi0n 1.4
- Backup your personal data. Update your iPod Touch to iOS 6.1.2 (download ios 6.1.2). Disable the lock passcode if you’ve enabled it.
- Download evasi0n 1.4 or later for your computer and extract it;
- Run the evasi0n jailbreak and connect your iPod Touch to your computer;
- Click the Jailbreak button on evasi0n screen. Now sit tight and let evasi0n do its thing. Don’t touch your iPod Touch unless evasi0n asks you to. Your device may reboot several times during jailbreaking;
- Evasi0n will prompt you to slide unlock your iPod Touch 5G/4G screen and find a new icon called “jailbreak” on your iPod Touch home screen;
- Tap the jailbreak icon just once. It will open up and close immediately. After that evasi0n will again perform several steps to complete the iPod Touch jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2. Once done, Jailbreak Complete! message should appear on evasi0n window. Now you can close evasi0n;
- Your iPod Touch will reboot and evasi0n icon will appear on the screen while the device is booting. Let the evasi0n do its thing and after some time your device will boot to lock screen. Slide to unlock it and you should find Cydia icon on your iPod Touch home screen.
That’s it! you’ve successfully jailbroken iPod Touch 5G, 4G iOS 6.1.2 with evasi0n.