You can root HTC DROID DNA on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and install ClockworkMod recovery on it. HTC DROID DNA is a small beast with quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz chip, 2GB of RAM, 8MPMP camera, 5″ 1080p Super LCD3 display. The phone has already been rooted and you can install ClockworkMod Recovery / TWRP recovery as well. Simply follow the detailed instructions below to root and install the ClockworkMod Recovery on your DROID DNA…
Follow this guide at your own risk. JailbreakEye won’t be held liable in case of any damage or you brick your device by following these steps.
- Unlock HTC DROID DNA Bootloader first.
- ADB configured on your computer with fastboot (Install and configure Android SDK).
How to Root DROID DNA and Install ClockworkMod
Let’s root your HTC DROID DNA smart phone and install ClockworkMod recovery as well:
- Download all the above mentioned files. Now put the recovery.img file in in the root of your PC’s C: drive (assuming that you’ve configured ADB with default settings);
- Reboot your HTC DROID DNA and put it in bootloader mode. Connect it to your PC via USB cable. Let the drivers install if they haven’t already;
- Open the Command Prompt / Terminal, navigate to C:drive (or wherever the recovery.img file is) and execute the following commands to flash the ClockworkMod recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This should install the ClockworkMod recovery on your DROID DNA. Once the flashing process is complete, reboot your phone by entering the following in the terminal:
- Copy the SU_Busybox_Package.zip (without extracting) in the root location of your DROID DNA’s SD card;
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Go to: “Install ZIP from SD card” > “Choose ZIP from SD card”, and select the SU_Busybox_Package.zip file to flash it.
- Once the flashing process is complete, choose “reboot system now” from the main menu.
Voila! you have successfully rooted your HTC Droid DNA on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. To confirm the root access, look for an app called “SuperSU” in the apps drawer.
Don’t forget to share your HTC DROID DNA rooting experience in the comments section below…