You can easily root Samsung Glaxy S3. A well known xda developer, chainfire, has released CF Auto Root to root your Galaxy S3. Galaxy SIII is Samsung’s flagship smartphone which is simply a beauty. Samsung Galaxy S3 is the most popular Android phone available. There are numerous ways to root Galaxy S3, in this guide, we will discuss Chainfire’s rooting method for Galaxy S3’s almost all models. Hit the jump to learn more about this Galaxy S3 rooting method and detailed instructions…
This method uses Odin to flash CF-Auto-Root package to your Galaxy S III phone, and your phone should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.
NOTE: In this guide covers almost all Samsung Galaxy SIII variants. Read the guide carefully, download the correct CF Auto Root file for your Galaxy S3 variant. You may also be interested in: How to install ADB.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk. JailbreakEye won’t be held liable in case of any damage or you ended up bricking your device. So proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Galaxy S3
- All the required files are linked at the bottom of this guide.
- Unzip both the Odin3-vX.X.zip and the CF-Auto-Root-….zip file. If the extraction end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you’ve extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file – don’t extract that one;
- Disconnect your Galaxy S3 from your computer;
- Run Odin3-vX.X.exe;
- Click the PDA button, browse and select the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5 file;
- Now put your phone in download mode:
- Turn off phone
- Hold Vol-Down + Home + Power to boot
- Yellow triangle will appear, press vol-up button to enter download mode;
- Now Connect the phone to your computer via USB;
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked on Odin and click the Start button;
- Wait for Android to boot;
- That’s it! You have successfully rooted Galaxy S3 i9000, other international and US variants of the phone.
NOTE: If your device does NOT boot into recovery and root your device, just do the entire rooting process again if it happens. Still no luck? un-check the “Auto Reboot” option in Odin. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with Vol-Up + Home + Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
Checkout Your phone model first: Settings > About device > Model number. and download CF Auto Root for that exact model. If your device is NOT listed, it will not work (may even brick)!
- Download Oding v1.85 for here.
- Download CF-Auto-Root
GT-I9300 – CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
GT-I9300T – CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0du-gti9300t.zip
GT-I9305 – CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip
GT-I9305T – CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3dv-gti9305t.zip
GT-I9305N – CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3swexx-gti9305n.zip
SHV-E210K – CF-Auto-Root-c1ktt-c1ktt-shve210k.zip
SHV-E210L – CF-Auto-Root-c1lgt-c1lgt-shve210l.zip
SHV-E210S – CF-Auto-Root-c1skt-c1skt-shve210s.zip
SHW-M440S – CF-Auto-Root-m0skt-m0skt-shwm440s.zip
SGH-T999 – CF-Auto-Root-d2tmo-d2tmo-sght999.zip
SPH-L710 – CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.zip